Senior Thesis: Progress Journal 03/01/15

catfish

Testing some color work. I like the watercolor effect I’m getting from this and I think it adds a little more interesting noise than a flat color would. After trying each method I’ve found that both take approximately the same amount of time, so whether I decide to use it or not will come down to how it looks and feels in the end.

Most of the other work I’ve put into the project this past week has been conceptual. I’m rethinking a lot of my original ideas in a way that they’ll conform to one or two general ideas so that the entire project makes more sense.

Presently I’m mashing the fish I’ve done so far into a video in After Effects to prove the workflow I’m using is effective.

I’ve named the main character Dr. Staresdec.

I realized I haven’t yet uploaded the animatic I made a couple months ago. The visual aspects of it still ring true for the most part though, so here it is:

Advertisements

About torinmurphy

Animator in training. Connoisseur of concepts. Today I live to see. Tomorrow I'll live to show. Every day I live to learn.
This entry was posted in Time-Based, Writing and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s